Landing Zone Attendant
Sylvan Heights Bird Park is seeking a part-time Landing Zone attendant. This position is responsible for providing a positive experience for park visitors, while ensuring the safety of all birds and visitors in our Landing Zone aviary.
About the Landing Zone
The Landing Zone is an interactive aviary inside Sylvan Heights Bird Park, where guests can hand feed parakeets, flamingos, and other bird species. Due to the high level of contact between guests and birds, an attendant is needed at all times when this aviary is open. The Landing Zone is open Tuesday – Sunday from 10 a.m. – 1 p.m. and 2 p.m. – 4 p.m. (5 hours per day). This position will not exceed 25 hours/week.
- Provide visitors with information, assistance, and a positive experience
- Greet visitors and perform safety briefings
- Monitor visitor/bird interactions to ensure safety and bird welfare
- Maintain general cleanliness of the Landing Zone aviary
- Must be reliable and punctual
- Able to interact with visitors in a positive, professional, and polite manner
- Able to manage and interact with groups, including K-12th grade classes and camps
- Able to deliver safety briefing and provide polite safety reminders to guests if needed
- Can learn about the birds in the Landing Zone and answer visitor questions (training provided)
- Ability to be outdoors in a variety of weather conditions
Please send resume to Brent Lubbock, Director of Operations at firstname.lastname@example.org.